Thursday, October 29, 2015

1st Quarter reflection



        For my 8th grade year at Heritage, I wasn't expecting this. I thought it would be better than these last couple of years, but it's been worse. There's still the same drama, same annoying people, and everything school related changed. There's no more echalk and there's a whole new grading system. I been beating around the bush and now I deny it because I'm on the verge of getting kicked outof accelerated classes. This quarter made me realize how tough life really is, and how it's not a fair game. It won't be jaunty getting back on track, but I will succeed.

       This past week I started thinking about my future. How I need to gather my 
Life together before its to late, so I'm changing things around for these next 3 quarters. I was looking at some high schools and I really liked Jones Prep. Though, if I want to get into that school, I need to work really hard. My mind has to be set to that and that only, I have to stride to be number 1. I honestly think I can do it, I just hope it's not to late to turn things around.

      People tell me all the time "oh you have such great potential" or "you can be anything you want to be, it must be so easy being you." Well I just think that's a bunch of nonsense because some of the smartest people I know are homeless or out in the streets somewhere. I listen to what they say and I realized that someone with a 2.0 gpa, can teach or know more than someone with a 4.0 gpa. Or sometimes, people are just book smart, they aren't spiritually smart.


    Wow, look at what just this one quarter brought me to. Not even a whole year, just this one quarter has me digging in my head and feelings for answers, or to change my state of mind. I think I can get out the dry spell, this all just might be a phase. I'll think I'll be fine, I'm going to start putting the work in. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a very introspective entry about your struggles in the beginning of the year. Thank you so much for sharing. I am happy to have you in my class, Jeremiah. You have added to our conversations in an intuitive and intellectual way. I appreciate your empathetic and yet logical viewpoints. You need to keep in mind that knowledge is POWER. The more you know the greater the advantages you will have in life. Keep trying and keep learning- regardless of the difficulties life throws your way, you will not regret it if you know you have TRIED your best.

    ReplyDelete