Thursday, October 15, 2015

"The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-Time Indian"

Prompt: introduction, are the characters realistic, and describe the main character.

        



             I am currently engaged into the book The Absolutely True Diary of A Part-Time Indian, it is written by Sherman Alexie. I'm not that far into the book, though I know the basis of the story so far. It's about an Indian boy named Junior However, the boy has brain damage and has what you can call a deformed body (At least how he explains it). He has only one friend and they have been growing up together. They also both live in an Indian reservation. 

         The characters of this book are very realistic. The way Junior describes them makes me picture them easily. I like to compare characters to real life people, so I can get an better understanding of how each one talks, walks, and acts. Some of the main characters that have been introduced are Junior, Mom, Dad, Rowdy, and the Andruss brothers (John, Jim, and, Joe).

       The main character of my book is Junior. He has brain damage, but he just says he was born with water on his brain. Really, he was born with cerebral spinal fluid inside his skull. Therefore, he has to many teeth, his hands and feet are to big for his body,  and studders a lot. Despite this damage, Junior is undaunted. When I first read about his brain damage I'd thought he'd be morosely. Turns out he's not that bad at all, in fact he's mostly calm, except when he has his seizures.




1 comment:

  1. This book seems interesting I would like to read it.

    ReplyDelete