Thursday, January 21, 2016

Blog #6



In the following articles "What Does a $250,000 Ticket to Space with Virginia Galactic Actually Buy you" written by Daisy Carrington and "Off to Space for a Year, an American's Longest Journey" written by Kenneth Chang both inform us about space crafts, and exploring new things in some type of way. Back in April, Virgin Galactic hit a milestone. By next year onwards, they are bringing space traveling to the general public. However, the tickets cost $250,000, and that's just for one seat. Meanwhile, Scott J. Kelly is trying to break the record for the longest time, in space, from America. In the article they said he's reaching for a whole year, 365 days. 

Further on, I do believe future generations will travel to Mars based off the fact that our technology will be more advanced than now. Also because in the article "Off to Space for a Year, an American's longest Journey," they said "That is part of the groundwork NASA wants to complete before it would be ready, in a couple of decades, to send Astronauts to Mars." This is why I think they will send astronauts to Mars, they just need the right equipment. They have more things to redress and more test to take, because I believe they can get the trip done in 3 decades tops.  

If I could afford to pay to be one of the first space tourist, I still wouldn't do it. I just like knowing the fact here on Earth that I can control what I'm doing. Or I can get myself out of a tough situation easy. However though, space is a whole new game. What if there's a problem with the ship and I or no one else around me can control. I just feel safer staying on the ground.

1 comment: