Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spine Poem





I created this poem because I am currently reading a book about the Holocaust. I feel this connects to the Holocaust and a kid that may have been killed in it. Maniac Magee is the name of the boy. The Boy on the Wooden Box was  Maniac Magee who was hiding from the Nazi's because he was Jewish. Haunting is the boy getting hurt and killed then coming back to haunt others. Trapped is Magee being stuck in a place were he haunts until the Nazi's are done for. In darkness is Magee doing in an evil dark place. No where to run or hide, just haunting in the darkness.

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you created your poem based off of a book you're reading. One question I have, is, "How does Magee 'haunt' in the darkness?" I didn't really understand that part of the interpretation. I really liked your poem though, because the meaning doesn't just come right to you, you have to search and discover your own interpretation.

    ReplyDelete