Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Summer Blog One

Book I read: Diary of A Wimpy Kid (vacation)

Prompts: Describe the main character, describe the character you would like to meet and describe the major conflict

Read: 0-83

              The main character is Greg Heffley. He's not the most popular kid in school. He tries to become noticed but always ends up failing. Whenever he does get attention or noticed it's always negative. He doesn't really play any sports but definitely plays a lot of video games. When he gets older he wants to be famous but that's not likely. He only has one friend and that kid is also not popular. However, Greg lost his friend so now hes basically alone.


              I would like to meet the character Rodrick. Rodrick is Greg's older brother and hes also not very popular. Even though he has his own band, they have a very small fan base. They play rock n roll music. Rodrick is the oldest of his brothers, so it kind of reminds me of me. I'm older than my brother and I like to pick on him. I think me and Rodrick would get along very well. Especially if we planned out things to do to our brothers. However, I met someone like him in real life, except different taste in music. One of my best friends is the oldest brother too. Therefore I basically met my Rodrick.



           There are many different conflicts in this book. A lot. However the main one is Greg finding a new best friend since him and Rowley are split up. I think they will make up, but if not then Greg better start searching. He has one main option but I think he still doesn't want to let Rowley go. on the other hand Rowley is having the time of his life. I think he feels more comfortable since he doesn't have that negative influence in his life anymore. Greg does treat Rowley more like a slave than a best friend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment