Friday, November 7, 2014

Poe Reflections

Jeremiah T
11/7/14

                 Poe's life could've effected his writing a lot, since he writes about dark and evil things and moments. Since he lost his father and mother at such a young age, and his brother and sister were separated from him. He had been through a lot of dark times himself. Going to college but being to poor to keep warm and has to burn his furniture to make heat. He was in gambling depths and couldn't pay them off and was struggling, so going through dark times and moments, could have led him to writing all those dark stories and poems.
                 What I found intriguing was that he been through so many dark times and things, but still became an excellent writer. Some people go through those times and make excuses about why they couldn't be someone or something. They say they couldn't do it because of this or that. Excuses left and right, but Poe did something with his life. Poe went back to his house to find out his fiancee had been engaged to another with his absence. He achieved his goal of going to the army and publishing his first book "Tamerlane" at the age of 18. Another thing I found intriguing was Poe and Abraham Lincoln were born on the same day. 
                  Before my research I didn't know anything about Poe. I actually never even heard of him. Although  I'm glad I found out about him because he was very interesting to learn about. He had some really good things happen in his life and some really bad things. he's is a very good author and is very descriptive. I want to try to read more books by him and find out more about him. 
                  I'm curious though, no one knows exactly how he died. People don't know they just give suggestions, but when I read other people suggestions no one thought the same thing I did. I think he died from diabetes. I think he died from that because he was unconscious in the hospital but never could recover enough to tell what is wrong. My brother had diabetes and went unconscious for a long time but the gave him medicine and he was a little better. Back then though, they didn't have the same medicine or technology we have today.
            Even though I just started learning about Poe, I want to keep learning and discovering new things about him. I'm going to tell people about him and recommend his stories. So if you haven't heard about Poe look him up, and read y favorite book by him "Tell Tale Heart

"
               

1 comment:

  1. You bring up an excellent point, in that Poe did not make excuses for what he was going through in life. Instead, he overcame them and still became an influential writer.

    ReplyDelete